Millwrights Recruiting Apprentices Across New York State
(ACROSS NEW YORK STATE) - High-precision Craftsmen, or Millwrights, are being recruited across New York State.
The New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) has announced the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for the Eastern Millwright Regional Council will be conducting a recruitment for 10 Millwright Apprentices.
According to the NYSDOL, openings represent the total number for multiple recruitment regions across the state – including the Capital District, Central, Finger Lakes, Mohawk Valley, North Country, Southern Tier and Western Regions.
The work of a Millwright includes construction, installation and maintenance of complex machinery.
This may include climbing from heights, on scaffolds or in confined underground spaces, lifting a minimum of 50 pounds, performing repetitive motions, using a wide array of precision tools, working under conditions of inclement weather and standing and stooping for prolonged periods of time.
The Department added that all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma
- Must pass a drug test
- Must sign an affidavit indicating that they are physically able to perform the work of a Millwright
- Have reliable transportation to and from various job sites and required classes
- Must take the UBC Qualifying Math Test
- Must reside within the jurisdiction of Eastern Millwright Regional Council, which includes all counties in New York State with the exception of Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, Westchester, Kings, Queens, Bronx, New York and Richmond.
- Must provide a copy of DD-214
Applications for this Apprenticeship Program will begin being accepted on May 1st, 2021.
All applications must be submitted online by 12 p.m. on April 30th, 2022.
To Directly Access This Apprenticeship And Training Labor News Story, Go To: www.informnny.com/abc50-now/millwrights-recruiting-apprentices-in-new-york-state/